Monday, December 01, 2008

Sup Tulang

SURE-SELL! Sup Tulang Recipe by May:



Ingredients:

A:
1.5kg ox tail

1inch ginger, bruised
1 tbspn black pepper, crushed
1 tspn salt
1 tbspn sugar
5 liters of water

B: (Pound together)
1 big onion
7 cloves of garlic
1 inch ginger
1 tbspn fennel (jintan manis)
1 tbspn black pepper
5 shallots

C:
2 lengths of cinnamon (kulit kayu manis)
3 star anise (bunga lawang)
7 cloves (cengkih)
4 cardamons (buah pelaga)
1 big onion, finely shredded
Others:
4 potatoes
10 bird's-eye chillies
2 carrots
3 large tomatoes
3/4 cup oil
2 sup tulang perencah packs (I don't really get the point of this addition since the list of ingredients is already SO blardy extensive! Why can't we just use the packet if it works fine already ??? -.-)
3 tbspn oyster sauce
2 tbspn fish sauce (a.k.a Nam Pla or something like that. I only know Khap Khoong Kaaaa okay)
1 tbspn salt
Juice of 1 lime (limau kasturi)


FINALLY, the method:
1. Put cleaned ox tail and the rest of A into a large pot. Boil under low heat closed until meat becomes soft and tender (approximately 6 hours in the recipe but I only use about 2-3, I'm not THAT free).

2. In some oil in hot wok, fry the onions from C until golden then put the rest of C ingredients. Stir.

3. Put in B and fry until crunchy, add perencah packet, a ladle of stock prepared earlier and pour back into the pot of stock and ox tail after stirring.

4. Bring back to a boil then add the seasonings (salt, fish sauce, oyster sauce). Close pot and bring to a boil again.

5. Add potatoes and boil until potatoes are cooked tender.

6. Add chillies and carrots, wait 10 mins then add tomatoes (I didn't use tomatoes or carrot or potatoes in mine).

7. Boil for another 5 mins and turn off heat. Add lime juice (I omitted this too) and stir before serving immediately.


Sounds extensive but the results were yummooo..............

Remember to sieve out the spices before serving, cause the last thing you wanna do is let your guest bite on a clove and be running to the sink sticking their tongue out due to the spice's INTENSE flavour.

Also, try to scoop out the oil from the soup as well, cause when I was through cooking it, I sieved out about 7 TABLE spoons of pure OIL from the soup.

IMAGINE that! It would've gone straight to your cellulite deposits on your thighs!

I know it's kindof defeating the purpose, but as least I'm better than some hardcore girls I've heard, who actually take a TISSUE paper and 'squeeze' out the fats and oils from a fried sausage before eating it.

-.-


Yum!

May

1 comment:

Fee said...

wah my...look so yummy the soup...i will just drink the soup...can come to my house help cook next time hor...

I need to lose weight!